The Region of Kongregate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner!

+2
Morrrr
The Jaume Islands
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! Empty Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner!

Post  The Jaume Islands Fri May 13, 2011 10:09 pm

I doubt this is going to get many sign ups, but I'll try.

Explanation of what a mafia game is: mafia games are forum games in which there are two sides, the good side and the bad side, sometimes with a third side. This forum game will have two sides, the mafia side and the village side. The mafia's goal is to kill the villagers and the villagers' goal is to kill the mafia side. There are two stages in a day, night and day. During the day users can vote for which user they want to kill in this thread (normally you vote on who you suspect is mafia) and during night villagers can do nothing while mafia members have the ability of killing a townie (villager). There are a variety of roles to make the forum game more entertaining.

The roles for this mafia will be (explanation of roles):
  • Townie (×2)
  • Doublevoter
  • Mafia
  • Doctor

The Doublevoter can cast two votes for who to kill during the day (second vote to be PMed to me). The Doctor can save a user by PMing me at night telling me who he protects that night. If a Mafia tries to kill a user protected by the Doctor, that player won't die. Mafias will know each other. By the way, the number of roles there are will basically be depending on how many users sign up.

If you'd like to play, just say you sign up!

1. Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! S6O16 Morrrr
  2. Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! Smackaine__655200t2 smackaine — killed in Day 2
  3. Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! Federated_States_of_Micronesiat2 Just About Anything — killed in Night 1
  4. Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! Wiiplayer__958299t2 WiiPlayer — killed in Day 2/Night 2
  5. Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! A2UKi Sellyme — killed in Day 1

Morrrr wins! Smile king Congratulations!

Last edited by The Jaume Islands on Fri May 20, 2011 7:47 am; edited 9 times in total
The Jaume Islands
The Jaume Islands

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/JaumeBG/?referrer=JaumeBG

Back to top Go down

Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! Empty Re: Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner!

Post  Morrrr Sat May 14, 2011 11:35 am

I sign!
Morrrr
Morrrr

Back to top Go down

Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! Empty Re: Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner!

Post  smackaine Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah, count me in!
smackaine
smackaine

Back to top Go down

Post  JAA Sat May 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Sign.

JAA

Back to top Go down

Post  WiiPlayer Sat May 14, 2011 2:39 pm

I will sign.
WiiPlayer
WiiPlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Jaume Islands Sat May 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Great! Thanks for signing, guys! Very Happy I'll wait about 30 hours and see if anyone else decides to sign up. If no one does, we can play with 4 people which is good enough.
The Jaume Islands
The Jaume Islands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellyme Sat May 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Sign.

Sellyme

Back to top Go down

Post  The Jaume Islands Mon May 16, 2011 6:32 am

So Day 1 has started! You have 23 hours to vote for who you'd like to kill. (I will make it 23 because right now it's 11:32 PM and I don't really like this hour for the mafia days and nights to finish, one hour earlier is better.)
The Jaume Islands
The Jaume Islands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellyme Mon May 16, 2011 6:48 am

Wait, we run a Day 1 kill? Ouch. If we guess maf first up it'll be boring as all hell :/ (That happened for the first three runs of my SF mafia game >.<)

Who claims Doc? And do we discuss daykills in the forums?

Sellyme

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrrr Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 am

I vote selly because his nation is the only one with a default flag!
Seriously, that was the first reason that popped into my mind.
Morrrr
Morrrr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellyme Mon May 16, 2011 7:08 am

Morrrr wrote:I vote selly because his nation is the only one with a default flag!
Seriously, that was the first reason that popped into my mind.

Oh come on, I joined when flag sizes were 2kb, you can't hold that against me Sad

(Remember, in mafia games you always bandwagon on the person who votes "randomly" and rashly, they are likely the mafia and thus know every single person is against them, so can take out who they believe will vote for them. And if we're wrong, so what? We've got to vote someone out.)

But of course, bandwagoning without a Doc claim is stupid. Any-one?

Sellyme

Back to top Go down

Post  JAA Mon May 16, 2011 10:40 am

I also vote selly.

JAA

Back to top Go down

Post  WiiPlayer Mon May 16, 2011 2:42 pm

I vote selly.
WiiPlayer
WiiPlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrrr Mon May 16, 2011 3:36 pm

So is anyone going to come out and say they are a doctor?
Morrrr
Morrrr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellyme Tue May 17, 2011 1:36 am

Well, seeing as it looks like we actually don't have a retarded mafia (for once), and it looks like I'll probably be day-killed anyway, I'm Doc.

Now, let's look at this with logic. I'm kinda making this up as I go, so point out any errors.

Everyone knows that the first thing to try in a mafia game is for Doc to ask for a Doc claim, as anyone who claims Doc is obviously lying, and likely mafia. This rarely works, but it's worth a try.

I've come out and said I'm Doc. Now, if I'm lying, there would be the real doc ready to point that out and completely condemn me (and ruin this game). However, if I was the real doc and someone claimed I was lying, you could day-kill him the next round, still with a 2-1 vote.

There is no reason the real Doc wouldn't come out and say I'm lying if I was, especially since I'm already close to being Hammered.

However, if I was telling the truth, and no-one counter-claimed, things get a bit tricky. If no-one counter claims, by the above process of elimination, I must be Doc. Now, this makes it fairly unreasonable to get rid of me, as without anyone CCing, there's no basis for Townies to win, and they'll be ahead just 2-1 by tomorrow morning, and only have a 33% chance of victory.

If I am not DKd, I will likely be killed by Maf, unless I protected myself. Intelligent Maf would kill a random, as there's double the chance of the kill working (I have two choices, save myself or save a random, Maf has 3 choices, each of the opposition (Remember there's only 4 players now)). So, this (likely) leaves the Maf, the Doc, and a Townie or Doublevoter (Twice as likely to be townie). This is a win for Town, as by this stage intentions and beliefs from first DK will be indicative of role, and there can only be 1 or 0 townies left, so double-roles are impossible.

If I luck out and protect who the mafia attempts to kill, I can just say who this is, and it'll be down to a 50/50 chance of who Maf is. At this stage, all we can hope for is a lucky guess, or for DV to survive the night (In which case he would have to claim, I would protect, sacrificing myself, and DV+Townie outvotes Maf).

Of course, if DV made a claim tonight, I would be insta NKd by Maf, making everything start at Square 1 again, but with one less Townie and no night protection, in which case the result is heavily luck-based.

Long story short; here are the odds:
DK me, I'm Maf: 1-0 Townies (20% chance of role)
DK me, I'm Doc: 1-0 Mafia (20% chance of role)
DK me, I'm DV: 1-0 Mafia (20% chance of role)
DK me, I'm Townie: 0.7-0.3 Mafia (40% chance of role)
DK random, is Maf: 1-0 Townies (25% chance of role)
DK random, is DV: 0.5-0.5 Draw (25% chance of role)
DK random, is Townie: 0.6-0.4 Townies (40% chance of role)
DK random, is Doc: 1-0 Townies (You'd know I was Maf) (0% chance of role)

Based on this, the best current action is to Daykill a random, and hope I get lucky with my save during the night. If that happens, Maf will need a bit of luck in killing either myself or DV (50% of hitting me, 25% of hitting DV, but roughly double the chance of succeeding with DV) and then surviving the DK (33% chance).

Assuming the Maf attempts to NK me, and I protect myself, it's practically game over. If he does kill me, voting a random tomorrow is our best hope.

If he attempts to NK the DoubleVoter with a bit of guesswork, and fails, again, we win. If he succeeds, he still only has around 1/3rd chance of survival (Thanks to my Protect still being in play).

Generally, attempting to place a first DK on attitude always fails as there's no logical basis, so I ran a RNG for my vote, and it came out with JAA. Sorry.

(Holy crap I just noticed how huge this post is)

Sellyme

Back to top Go down

Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! Empty Day 1 lynch

Post  The Jaume Islands Tue May 17, 2011 5:33 am

In Day 1, you have decided to kill Sellyme (aka Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! A2UKi Slamerichsia)!

With 4 votes, you've killed the doctor!

Tough luck, Selly! I think you should have made that post earlier and your chances of survival on Day 1 would have been higher. This is going to make it considerably harder for the townies (incl. doublevoter) or good side...

Night 1
Send in your night actions—if you have any and if you want!

(Night lasts 24 hours.)
The Jaume Islands
The Jaume Islands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellyme Tue May 17, 2011 6:45 am

Well, you're all screwed now.

Pro-tip: Doublevoter, make a claim. Also, Morrrr is Maf.

(Take from that what you will...)

Last edited by Sellyme on Fri May 20, 2011 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Sellyme

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellyme Wed May 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Erm, shouldn't the night be over now?

Sellyme

Back to top Go down

Forum Game: The Kongregate Region Mafia – Morrrr is the winner! Empty Result of night 1

Post  The Jaume Islands Thu May 19, 2011 1:23 am

Sorry everyone, I forgot to update this. My apologies.

Night 1
After waking up you see that Just About Anything is missing... He has been killed! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Rest in peace, JAA.

Day 2
The day has to continue, even though only 3 people in the Kongregate region are left! Who will you lynch today? Let the voting begin!

(Day will last until 9:36 AM UTC 20 May 2011.)
The Jaume Islands
The Jaume Islands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellyme Thu May 19, 2011 3:10 am

Was JAA townie or DV?

Sellyme

Back to top Go down

Post  The Jaume Islands Thu May 19, 2011 5:08 am

JAA was... the double voter, so you townies are pretty much fu— so it's gonna be hard for you townies left! Mad
The Jaume Islands
The Jaume Islands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellyme Thu May 19, 2011 5:26 am

Yep, Townies can not possibly win unless they luck out with the lynch.

Sellyme

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrrr Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 am

Vote for Smack.
Morrrr
Morrrr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Jaume Islands Fri May 20, 2011 12:29 am

Btw I'd like to clarify that one vote is enough to lynch, so give your opinions everyone else if you want to vote someone else!

Last edited by The Jaume Islands on Fri May 20, 2011 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
The Jaume Islands
The Jaume Islands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellyme Fri May 20, 2011 2:29 am

Lol Jaume, nice work on blatantly saying Morrrr is mafia.

Sellyme

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next